Grasse Funeral Service in Pardeeville was originated by Louis and Myrtle Lintner and operated as the Lintner Funeral Home and Furniture Store in the early 1900’s. The Lintner family continued to run the business until 1960 when Merwyn Smith, a Pardeeville native who was working for the Lintner’s and his wife Betty Lou purchased the funeral and furniture store businesses. The Smith Funeral Home and Furniture Store were established. The funeral home continued operating out of its old location on N. Main Street (now houses the Myrtle Lintner Spear Museum) across from the current furniture store. A new funeral home located on the corner of Chestnut and Roosevelt Streets was built in 1969 and the furniture store remains in its original location. Merwyn continued as owner and Funeral Director until his unexpected death in 1979. Betty Lou continued as owner and daughter Gena Smith assumed the responsibilities as Funeral Director when she graduated from Mortuary School in 1994. Gena continued as acting Funeral Director until her passing in 2014. In 2015, under the ownership of Elliott & Nina Grasse, a new state-of-the-art facility was built on the south end of Pardeeville to accomodate the new needs of families with a larger chapel and fellowship hall to serve funeral receptions.